This Mayo-Free Potato Salad is begging to join your next picnic, backyard barbecue, or summer grill-out. This potato salad is fresh as can be with crisp, peppery radishes, crunchy fennel, and sweet shallots. Each bite is swimming in a zippy, mustard dressing with oodles of fresh dill.
Enjoy this dish with a dry or medium-dry German Riesling.
- 2 lb baby potatoes
- 1 medium head fennel
- 1 medium shallot
- 2 cup radishes
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt, plus more for potatoes
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Slice baby potatoes in half. Add potatoes and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until fork tender, but before the skin begins to slip. Strain and refrigerate to cool completely.
- Note: you want the potatoes to be cooked just enough that they aren’t raw and crunchy in the center, but not falling apart or mushy.
- Prepare remaining ingredients. Slice fennel, radishes, and shallots into small bite-sized pieces.
- Note: you can also use a mandoline to achieve pretty, thin disks.
- Prepare dressing. Finely chop dill, then whisk together apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, dill, olive oil, salt, and honey until combined.
- Once potatoes are cooled, toss potatoes with the fennel, shallots, radishes, and dressing. Return to the refrigerator for at least one hour before enjoying.
Maddie is a Minneapolis-based recipe developer and food photographer with a background in Food Engineering and Nutrition. Maddie utilizes her scientific understanding of food to create delicious recipes that are worth repeating. When she’s not experimenting in her kitchen, she’s exploring new cities around the world or fostering pups to help them adjust to the good life and find their forever homes! You can find more of Maddie’s work (and follow her cute fosters) on Instagram or maddieaugustin.com.