It’s time to light up the barbecue and prepare for grilling season! What better way to kick off the season than with these Grilled Artichokes with Garlic & Lemon Aioli?
There’s nothing better than enjoying a lightly grilled artichoke paired with a tangy aioli on a warm, sunny day. This recipe is my go-to for an easy and delicious way to impress guests. With minimal effort and simple ingredients, this recipe speaks for itself. In between dips and bites, sip on a crisp glass of Sauvignon Blanc to get the full experience.
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 35
Inactive Time: 20
For the Grilled Artichokes
- 4 artichokes, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus more for garnishing
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons black pepper
- 8 slices of lemon
- Olive oil for garnishing
- Fill a large pot halfway full with water, and bring to a boil. Add the lemon juice and artichokes, then cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain the water, and allow the artichokes to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Next, cut each artichoke in half and season with 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Then, place one lemon slice over each half and wrap the artichokes in aluminum foil. Repeat this process for the other three artichokes.
- Light up the barbecue and place the artichokes heart side down for 15 minutes.
- After the allotted time, turn off the barbecue and remove the artichokes.
- Allow the artichokes to cool for 10 minutes before unwrapping them from the foil, then garnish with olive oil and lemon juice
For the Garlic & Lemon Aioli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, thinly diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add the ingredients to a food processor or blender
- Blend for 1 minute until smooth
- Pour into a small bowl and enjoy with the grilled artichokes!
Arianna Negri is the founder of Sunflower Creative Co., a San Diego-based food photography, styling, recipe creation, and food & wine copywriting agency. She studied marketing at California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, where she had the opportunity to work with local farm-to-table restaurants and wineries along the Central Coast. When she isn’t cooking away in the kitchen, you can find Arianna at the newest Italian or sushi restaurant, spending time with her family in Monterey, or hiking with her boyfriend and rescue pup, Jules! To see more of Arianna’s work, check out her Instagram or visit sunflowercreativeco.com.