These Perfect Picnic Sandwiches are designed for your summer on-the-go. Toasted ciabatta surrounds homemade pistachio pesto, creamy burrata, salty prosciutto, briny olives, juicy heirloom tomatoes, and peppery baby arugula.
Here’s your to-do list:
- Pack up your sandwiches
- Don’t forget a snuggly picnic blanket
- Grab a bottle of bubbly Cava
- Find yourself a peaceful park
- Settle in for the perfect meal while you watch the sunset!
4 large ciabatta rolls
1 large heirloom tomatoes
6 oz Prosciutto
4 oz burrata
1 cup baby arugula
½ cup jumbo garlic stuffed green olives
2 cloves garlic
½ cup basil, packed
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup salted pistachios
2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
Pinch of sea salt
- Prepare the pistachio pesto. Finely chop the garlic, basil, and pistachios. Add garlic, basil, pistachios, olive oil, grated parmesan, and salt to a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Slice tomato into thin disks and slice olives in half lengthwise.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Slice ciabatta rolls in half and lightly toast on the stovetop. If desired, fry the prosciutto until lightly crispy.
- Once the rolls are toasted, spread the pesto evenly over the insides of the bread. Slice the burrata in half and spread the oozing cheese into an even layer over the bread.
- Add sliced olives, fried prosciutto, sliced tomatoes, and arugula, and press together gently. Pack your sandwiches up to 1 day in advance and enjoy!
Maddie is a Minneapolis-based recipe developer and food photographer with a background in Food Engineering and Nutrition. Maddie utilizes her scientific understanding of food to create delicious recipes that are worth repeating. When she’s not experimenting in her kitchen, she’s exploring new cities around the world or fostering pups to help them adjust to the good life and find their forever homes! You can find more of Maddie’s work (and follow her cute fosters) on Instagram or maddieaugustin.com.