There is no better way to enjoy a hot summer day than with this Strawberry Lemonade Frosé! Dive into this oh so refreshing beverage featuring your favorite rosé, fresh lemon juice, and a homemade strawberry simple syrup that is sweet, juicy, and the embodiment of summertime.
Enjoy this drink during a sunny happy hour with friends!
Strawberry simple syrup
1 lb strawberries
1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
For the drink
1 oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz strawberry simple syrup
5 oz rosé of choice
1 heaping cup ice cubes
Lemon peel or fresh strawberries
- Prepare the strawberry simple syrup. Wash strawberries under running tap water and remove the leaves and stems. In a small pot, add the strawberries and water. Bring the mixture to a low boil and boil for 15-20 minutes, or until the color in the strawberries is mostly gone.
- Strain the cooked strawberries, reserving the liquid. Return the liquid to the pot and add the sugar. Heat over low heat, whisking constantly until all of the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and chill completely before using.
- Once the simple syrup is chilled, add 1 oz fresh lemon juice, 1 oz strawberry simple syrup, 5 oz rosé, and ice to a blender. Blend on high until the mixture is slushy-like. Serve immediately with a garnish of lemon peel or fresh strawberries.
- Note: This recipe is for one drink, so scale up as needed.
- Refrigerate remaining simple syrup in an airtight container for up to one month or freeze for up to a year.
Maddie is a Minneapolis-based recipe developer and food photographer with a background in Food Engineering and Nutrition. Maddie utilizes her scientific understanding of food to create delicious recipes that are worth repeating. When she’s not experimenting in her kitchen, she’s exploring new cities around the world or fostering pups to help them adjust to the good life and find their forever homes! You can find more of Maddie’s work (and follow her cute fosters) on Instagram or maddieaugustin.com.